Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Focused? I’m Focused

Who says you have to be focused on one topic at a time? I can focus on a bunch of different things.


We have a country harvest table that has seen quite a few years of use and I decided it was time to refinish it. This photo is taken from the internet because my digital camera is on the blink…or the software is…I’m not sure which.

Anyway, I love this old table…it has six chairs that are beat up where they get pushed into the table and where people’s feet have scraped the paint away. So far, I have only started on one chair…sanding with 60 coarse grain sand paper to smooth out the really rough patches…and then 150 fine grain sandpaper to smooth everything down so when I paint it the nicks won’t show. The final surface is really smooth now.

As far as focusing goes, for some reason, it’s really hard for me to stay on one project for very long so I’ll work a little on this project and then move on to something else. It has taken me four days to get to the point where just one chair has its first coat of primer…no worries…I’m not too concerned because I have been this way for a very long time. The result from having several things going at one time is…each gets completed in its own time…sort of like how ideas first begin to form and then become clearer and then come to fruition. There really is no truly linear process and every eventually gets done. In the meantime, I may have several piles of materials sitting around for each project that is being worked on…but it all gets done.

Right now, I am doing these chairs and table…patching some holes in all three bathrooms…patching a hole in a hallway ceiling…melting a bunch of used candles down into more useable ones…tearing down the garden for the year…making picture frames (I have about thirty picture frames laid out on the basement floor while I decide on a pattern to hang them on a wall)…making frames for the basement windows to put plastic on for insulation…redesigning and building a new seed transplanting table in the plant room downstairs…building a plant-shelf ladder because I have way too many indoor plants taking up way too much space, as well as the plants I had to bring in to over-winter…waxing leaves to place on ceramic tiles to hang…ummm, somewhere. Plus, several other projects on the computer.

Well, now its time to pull something together for supper because my wife will be home soon. See ya all later.


No comments: