Friday, November 19, 2010

Busy Weekend Ahead


We are planning on finishing the bathrooms this weekend after installing a new bathtub in one and a shower in the other along with their surrounds. Drywall needs to be patched and painted. The prep is always the most tedious part. Taking everything off the walls, floating out the joint compound (my wife's specialty), sanding until it is smooth (my specialty) and then repeating however many times it takes until it is perfect.

We started this project a few weeks ago but have not been able to put any full time effort into it because of the usual daily distractions. It’s good to allow the joint compound to dry between sanding. And we are really thankful that we have a third bathroom in which to shower while these other two are off limits. Getting drywall wet is not fun to deal with.

The choice of paint color hasn’t been decided on so we will be spending time at the 'paint center' at Home Depot. We have officially chosen Behr paints as our paint of choice. Mainly for its durability and ease of application, but also because they several colors we both can agree on.

I would prefer to be able to post photos here but my camera took its last useable photo a couple of weeks back and I haven’y found a suitable replacement. I miss my digital camera so much at times like this. Trying to decide on a replacement for the Canon Power Shot is proving to be difficult. My daughter has a Panasonic Lumix  that has a great zoom feature. We love taking photos of birds so it would come in really handy. I have four blogs going right now and not having a camera puts a serious crimp in my writing. It's startling how much I depend on that camera. I am missing so many photo opportunities in the garden, while out traveling, etc, that I am going into withdrawals.

Soon, I’ll be able to at least put up photos after the project is finished.

No comments: