Friday, November 19, 2010

Isn’t It Funny Where Stories Can Come From?


I love waking up next to my wife. The fact that I typically get up about three hours before she does has little effect. I love watching her sleep...imagining what she is dreaming about...She always has some interesting dreams.

She looks so peaceful and contented. Sometimes she talks in her sleep. Fun! Not in complete sentences, mind you, but just a couple of words that rarely make any sense. Trying to figure out what context in which she is using these words can usually set me off into a story of my own making. I love telling tales and can generally use any stimulus to get me going.

Later…after she wakes up…I'll tell her what she said…but she has no idea what the words meant. So I'll tell her what I thought they meant and jump into the story I made up. The stories are usually funny and I always get a smile out of her, sometimes a laugh…I love her laugh…I love to make her laugh.

No comments: