Friday, January 28, 2011

Cross Pens


I have two cross pens that, once upon a time, I held in high regard. They cost me only twenty dollars each, but they had a good feel for writing and the ink flowed freely. After replacing the cartridge however, they are given to skipping and freezing up. These refills are marked as being official replacements and I never fathomed that they would fail me. But fail me they have, one too many times it seems.

There is nothing more frustrating than having your free slow of ideas interrupted by a uncooperative writing instrument. These things are tools and as such should perform to the top of their ability every time they are used. If the fault lies with whoever is in charge of making the refill cartridges then they should be made aware of their lapse in skill.

Each time I became frustrated with their lack of performance I reached for a cheap pen costing less than one dollar that have never failed me. Now I question the sanity of purchasing any pen above the one dollar price range. I do enjoy the heft of a slightly larger pen and the smooth even uninterrupted flow of ink onto the writing surface is somewhat sensuous. Its just that Cross no longer satisfies me so I have moved on to another. Farewell Cross, I will miss thee but not your treachery and betrayal.

No comments: